Friday, February 4, 2011

All You Need is Love

Artists at Artistree Co-op, a one-of-a-kind handmade gift boutique and art gallery in Orlando, Florida, were recently challenged to create some new work with Valentine's Day in mind. Since the Beatles are one of my all-time favorites, I particularly love this acrylic on canvas, mixed media creation by artist Jennifer McCully.

I still have all of my old record albums, and am fortunate to have a few Beatles classics. I spent some time today listening to them and a few others on iTunes and compiled a list of my top 5 favorite Beatles Love Songs! It's tough to choose, but here they are:

1. In My Life- 1965 Rubber Soul
2. And I Love Her- 1964 A Hard Day's Night
3. I've Just Seen a Face- 1965 Help!
 (I also love, love, love the McCartney version on the 1991 Paul McCartney Official Bootleg Album)
4. Things We Said Today- 1964 A Hard Day's Night
5. The Long and Winding Road- 1970 Let it Be

No comments:

Post a Comment