Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Help




The long awaited screen version of The Help opened in theaters yesterday. I recently read the book and couldn't put it down. I have been really looking forward to this movie, so I went to the first matinee showing available! I was not disappointed. I loved watching the characters from one of my new favorite books come to life. It's a beautiful, heartwarming story of having the courage to make a change. The message is incredibly powerful; the acting superb. I predict costume designer Sharen Davis, who has previously been nominated for 2 academy awards (Ray, Dreamgirls) will definitely be in the running for the Oscar again. I hope she wins this time. The costumes were stunning. See the movie, it was wonderful; but don't let it stop you from reading the book. It is destined to become a classic.








No comments:

Post a Comment