Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Holidays


What a wonderful Christmas break. The last few months have been so busy, I feel like I've been going 100 miles per hour and it felt so good to finally slow down! We all needed a rest and it was great to get away. Last year we had a White Christmas in Asheville, NC with 9 inches of snow on Christmas day, so we thought we'd go back with hopes of having another snow-filled week. It didn't snow this time, but the weather was much colder than Florida, so it really felt like Christmas!  Our cabin was lovely and had a magnificent view. For me, it is so much easier to relax when I am away from home! If I would have been home, I would have found at least 100 things I still had to do :)  My favorite part was just hanging out, enjoying each other's presence, and celebrating the birth of Jesus.

Our cabin in Cheshire Village
The day after Christmas we drove to Cataloochee in Maggie Valley for a little night skiing and enjoyed some man-made snow!



It took a whole day to see the extraordinary Biltmore Estate and Village- especially pretty in the evening with the Christmas lights.








Downtown Asheville



One of our favorites, the Fried Chicken Sandwich at Tupelo Honey- yum!


I'm not really sure why, but this guy ran through the streets dressed as a gingerbread man and had a Jamaican accent. He called himself The Ginger Dread Man! 
(note his dreadlocks) Hilarious!




I hope you enjoyed your holidays as much as I did!







No comments:

Post a Comment