Friday, January 20, 2012

The Giving Keys

younghollywood.com

I have always been a fan of actress/singer/songwriter Caitlin Crosby and love when I see Christians make a difference in the entertainment industry. Her music is filled with positive messages and she is a great role model. As a mom of 2 young daughters, I love that!

I recently learned about a project of hers called The Giving Keys. My admiration and respect for has quadrupled! I just ordered my first one and cannot wait to give it away! 

It all began with a simple, old hotel room key that Crosby engraved with a word. She began giving them to friends. After meeting a homeless couple on the streets, Crosby came up with the idea to engrave inspirational words and sell them in effort to raise money to help the couple and others like them.  But that wasn't enough, she felt like something was still missing so she came up with the idea of "paying it forward" encouraging buyers to make a commitment to give the necklace away at some point to someone who you feel needs the message on your key. I just love this concept! I have no idea who I will give mine to,  but I can't wait! There is also a section on the website where you can read heartwarming stories about the givers and receivers of these very special keys.

photo: thegivingkeys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment